Catch fireflies in a jar
Go outside tonight and capture some glowing creatures
- clean jelly jar or clear container with lid
- scissors or a knife
- Use a small jelly jar or something similar (a clear container) and poke holes into the lid with a strong pair of scissors or a knife.
- Go outside ready to do some catching.
- Once you get a firefly in the jar, put the lid on so the bug stays inside. (Your kids will bug out over the little light show in their hands!)
- Once the thrill is gone, be humane and let the fireflies go. (There's always tomorrow night.)