Homemade Chalk Recipe for Outdoor Activities
- 1 cup Plaster of Paris
- 1½ cup of water
- Tempera paintA spoonful or two of each color chalk you want to make.
- Egg carton or toilet paper tubesYou'll need enough toilet paper tubes for each color of chalk you're making.
- A bowlOne you don't mind getting dirtied up with Plaster of Paris and paint!
- Mix Plaster of Paris and paint together in a bowl.
- Stir in a couple of teaspoons of a single color of paint.
- Pour the mixture into the egg carton (enough to fill up an entire compartment) or into a toilet paper tube which you've taped closed on one end.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Remove the chalk from the egg carton or peel away the cardboard toilet paper tube.
- Set your kid loose to color the world! (Or at least the sidewalks!)
- Check out our Sidewalk Art Fun outdoor activity for some ideas to put your homemade chalk to use!