Outdoor Activities: How to make a hot dog roaster
Roast your hot dogs outside, the handmade way
- 1 cylindrical oatmeal container with lid
- aluminum foil
- hole puncher
- long wooden skewer (the kind you use for shish-ka-bobs)
- scissors or sharp knife (adult use)
- Remove the lid from the container and cut it in half. Then, cut the container in half lengthwise.
- Punch a hole in the lid and in the bottom of the container about 1/2 way from the cut end.
- Replace the half lid on the container.
- Cover the whole container with aluminum foil. (Make sure you leave the holes open.)
- Place a hot dog on the skewer and place the ends of the skewer through the holes.
- Place your roaster out in the yard (in the sunlight) and watch your dog cook.
- Covering the hot dog with foil or plastic wrap may help it roast faster.