How to build a hula hoop fort
You don't need wood to build a fort, just a hula hoop…and some sheets.
- hula hoop
- a sheet
- a tree branch (to hang hula hoop from)
- a carabiner (a metal hook also referred to as a "D ring" or a "snap link")
- Cut 6-8 pieces of string about 24 inches (or 2 feet)long.
- Tie each piece of string to the hula hoop spacing them out evenly and leaving the loose ends lying towards the center of the hula hoop.
- Collect all ends of the strings that are in the middle of the hula hoop and tie them together in one sturdy knot.
- Wrap the rope around the tree branch. Use a carabiner (a metal hook) to keep it in place.
- Then, take the sheet and wrap it around the outside of the strings that are tied together. You can close the sheet by tying a knot or using clothes pins.
- Make a sign, "No GIRLS (or BOYS) allowed." Or, whatever you're protecting yourself against in the fort.