Silly Science! Learn At-Home Experiments
Just follow the lead of one of our favorite characters, the Cat in the Hat, who makes science fun in the new PBS KIDS show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! You'll love how the Cat takes kids on silly science adventures (along with the Fish and Thing 1 and Thing 2), and your little ones will have a blast learning right along with the big kid ... that's YOU!
Here are some silly fun science experiments to try at home:
- Let your kid discover how leaves turn colors with this cool autumn leaf experiment.
- Use salt and pepper to demonstrate the magic of static electricity.
- Prove oil and water don't mix. Make a trippy lava lamp.
- Have your kid pose as a mini-anthropologist with this excavation activity.
- Show your kid how to grow rock candy.
- Get your little meteorologist to track the weather.
- Amaze your kid with a hopping raisin experiment.