Activities: 5 Fun Things to Do With a Cardboard Box
A cardboard box is the ultimate plaything!
Here are five ways to make a plain old cardboard box even more fun:report abuse
- Make an indoor hideaway from gigantic refrigerator and appliance boxes! Cut windows and doors in the sides, and make it comfy with pillows and blankets. Or turn it into an imaginary submarine, time-travel machine, or restaurant.
- Decorate keepsake boxes. Gather old tissue boxes and cover them with wrapping paper, tissue paper or pictures from newspapers or magazines.
- Create your own treasure chest! Get a medium-size box and fill it with things that are special to you.
- Make a shoebox puppet show! Cut out the bottom of a shoebox and stand it on its edge to make a "stage." Make sock puppets by stuffing unused socks with toilet paper and drawing faces on with colorful markers. Present a puppet show to all living room audience members.
- Build models of houses or whole towns! Cut and fold different thicknesses of paper and cardboard, and use tape to hold everything in place.
- Make a cardboard race car! Turn a big cardboard box, some construction paper and couple of paper plates into a ready-for-the-road racer!