Toys: Dora's Mermaid Underwater Puppet Theater
- Shoe box
- Glue stick
- Craft sticks, pencils or chopsticks (for a floating effect: string, ribbon or yarn)
- Print out Dora's Mermaid Underwater Puppet Theater Backdrop. Trim the images (if necessary) to fit inside your shoe box. Glue the printouts to the back, side walls and bottom of your shoe box.
- Print Dora's Mermaid Underwater Puppets and help your kids cut them out. Glue or tape the characters to craft sticks (pencils or chopsticks) and you have puppets!
- Place the box on the edge of a table and attach a loop of tape to the bottom to secure it firmly in place. Seat your kids in front of the box, and let them play puppeteers, narrating Dora's underwater adventures with a toy they created themselves!
- To make the characters look like they're floating, attach a piece of string or ribbon to the back of the puppets. Glue the top of the string to the ceiling of the shoebox. For a really cool effect, use different lengths of string for each character.