Baby Care: Massage
Give your kid an early appreciation for the pampered life.
- Pampered prince: Your kid.
- Masseuse: That's you, Mama or Papa.
- A comfy place to lay your kid down.
- Massage oil: Anything from plain old olive oil to the fancy schmancy stuff will work.
- A blanket: Optional
- Take off all of your rings. You may also want to make sure your nails are clipped.
- Then lay your kid down on his changing table or on a bed, sofa, blanket, etc.
- Take off his clothes. You may want to get a blanket if it's chilly.
- Squirt a little massage oil into your hands and vigorously rub them together to warm the lotion. Don't squirt it right onto your kid. It'll shock him to have a squirt of cold liquid on his warm little body.
- Beginning at his chest, gently stroke Junior.
- Rub his belly with firm but gentle pressure in circles. (This supposedly helps the poops move on out.)
- Then gently pulse down your kid's limbs.
- Rub his feet and hands like mani/pedi maestro.
- When he seems blissed out, mission accomplished. (Or if he starts fussing, he's had enough. Stop and try again later.)