6 Teething Remedies
Teething is a pain, literally. Teething kids are miserable ... which means moms of teething kids are even more miserable. Here are 6 ways to soothe teething pain so that you, um, we mean your baby, can get some relief!
- Wet a washcloth, toss it in the freezer and let your kid gnaw on it. And when you feel like screaming after dealing with a cranky teething kid all day, you can gnaw on it, too.
- Feed your kid some cold yogurt, banana or applesauce. Something soft and soothing.
- Chill teethers in the fridge or freezer and let your kid mouth 'em like mad.
- Let your kid chew on your (clean) finger. On the plus side, it's something you have readily available at all times. Of course the downside is your kid will probably bite you. Ow.
- Many moms who have BTDT believe homeopathic teething tablets do wonders.
- Talk to your doctor about busting out the big guns—pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. And don't worry, we won't tell if you sneak a few grownup ones to soothe your teething headache.