Congratulations! Your baby has taken his first steps. Now it's time to go shoe shopping for baby's first shoes (until this point, he's done fine with cute little booties). Here are some tips to keep in mind when shopping for your baby's first shoes:
- Avoid those classic stiff leather shoes that you may have had as a kid. You know, the ones your parents probably had bronzed. Instead, stick with canvas, cloth, or soft leather uppers.
- Look for flexible, rubber soles.
- High-tops might have a better chance of staying on your baby's feet—plus, they look awfully cute!
- Let your kid walk around in the shoes for a bit before buying them. If the shoes leave a mark, don't buy them!
- Velcro fasteners make it easier to put shoes on—but they also make it easier for your kid to rip them off.
- Shop later in the day (since feet expand throughout the day!) to ensure a comfy fit.
- Of course, you want baby's first shoes to be adorable, but don't spend too much money. Kids grow so fast, they might not fit into these baby shoes for long!