Bonding With Baby: Climbing Game
Narrate a "trip" over your babys arms, knees and toes.
- Stuffed animal or your fingers:Don't worry if you haven't had a manicure in three months, your kid will never notice!
- Sit in a comfortable place with your baby, such as your bed. You might as well get some use out of your mattress since you certainly aren't sleeping on it (and we're guessing that in the early post-baby months you're rarely using it for anything else).
- Have your fingers or the stuffed animal climb up baby's body parts. Walk your fingers up his leg, down his arm and around his tummy.
- Narrate the "trip" you're taking, "I'm walking up baby's arm. I'm departing from his wrist and heading toward his shoulder. Oh! I think I'll stop for lunch at his cute little elbow. Wow, check out the view: three weeks worth of dirty laundry and five filthy coffee cups!"
- Have the stuffed animal give baby a peck when you reach the summit (i.e., baby's nose!)
- Start the trek all over again. Repeat until your baby gets bored… or your fingers start to cramp.
- You can play this game with your preschooler or older toddler as well and have your baby watch.