Play with Your Baby: Copycat Game
Mirror your baby's coos and squiggles--but leave out other bodily functions in this copycat game.
- The Reflector:Your baby.
- The Reflection:You!
- Seize a moment when your little one is moving around a lot and start mimicking her every sound and movement. Try to move at exactly the same time that she does. Don't worry about feeling silly—remember, to your kid this is hysterical!
- Your child will probably start to smile and giggle, which you can also mirror. But beware: this often leads to uncontrolled fits of laughter.
- Compose yourself and start again. Remember, repetition is one of the rules of comedy.
- The older your child gets, the more she will realize how this game works. You can eventually teach her to start voluntarily leading.
- If you have other older kids, you can get them to play it with the baby, too. Or, you can also play it with your older child to entertain your infant—it makes for some tantalizing baby TV.
- For older kids, have them try harder things like switching leadership back and forth without stopping or miming everyday tasks.