Broccoli-and-Carrot Baby Food Recipe
The clichés are true: Carrots and broccoli are crammed with beta-carotene, which is important for eye development. The better for baby to see you with! Here's an easy way to make sure your baby's baby blues (or browns, or greens) are getting the vitamins they need.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 bag of baby carrots, washed and ready
- Steam the carrots and broccoli until very soft.
- Put in food processor and add a little of the water you used to steam the vegetables.
- Purée until smooth.
- Portion some out for immediate use and freeze the rest in small, resealable freezer bags, so you can pull them out and warm them up whenever you want.
- Carrots tend to be sweeter, so if your little one's not a broccoli fan, try 'hiding' the green stuff with a 3:1 carrot: broc mixture.