Clare Kramer's Sweet Potato Baby Food Recipe
I make all of my daughter's baby food, including this baby food recipe. It's totally easy ... and even kind of fun!
- 1 sweet potato
- Steel cut oats, to taste
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it into rounds.
- Place sweet potato in a pan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 25 minutes, until the potato slices are mushy.
- Drain and then puree the cooked sweet potato in a food processor or grinder.
- Grind oats in a coffee grinder and stir into pureed sweet potato to reach desired consistency.
- Stir and serve.
- We don't sweeten this dish or add anything fancy to it. It tastes great just the way it is!
- To puree baby foods, I use a small coffee-bean grinder that I got for $12 at the grocery store. It's so great for puree and there's no need to pay a lot for a baby-food-specific one.
- What else is on Clare Kramer's mind?
Besides being a mom, Clare Kramer is best known as Glory on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.