Babyproofing Your Garage
You're babyproofing your house (whoo hoo!) but before you go patting yourself on the back for being a supermom, make sure you don't forget about babyproofing the garage! Here's how:
- Make sure your garage door has a safety feature that opens the door the sec it touches something or someone.
- Put all chemicals, paint, fertilizers, car parts and other dangerous stuff waaayyy up high so your kid can't get to 'em.
- Store your tools in a locked tool chest or high cabinet.
- Keep the doors to the garage locked so your kid can't wander in there unsupervised.
- Teach your kid to never, ever play in the garage or driveway where someone could drive up and hit him. And always make sure your kid isn't in the way when pulling in and out of your garage.