Fall Recipes: Sweet Potato Bisque
Hungry for something easy and elegant? This is one beautiful bisque.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk (any kind but skim)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Wash and poke holes in potatoes; bake for at least 1 hour at 350°.
- Allow to cool, then peel and mash as smooth as possible.
- Scoop the mashed potatoes into a large pot on the stovetop and slowly add the liquids, stirring to incorporate. If the soup is too runny, let some of the liquid evaporate; if too thick, try adding a bit more milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. For extra heat, add red pepper flakes (though baby may not like that as much).
- Top with bacon or cheese crumbles for extra decadence.