Fall Recipes: Hot Cider
Warm up after a chilly autumn night!
- 6 cups apple cider
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 orange, washed and sliced (with the peel on)
- Stir all ingredients together in a large pot until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat over medium heat until cider is hot, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon or a strainer to remove the cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange slices.
- Serve in heat-proof mugs.
- If you want to be fancy, garnish the mugs with additional orange slices, apple slices or a spray of kid-friendly whipped cream!
- IMPORTANT: Be sure any apple cider you're serving to kids is pasteurized!