Fall Recipes: Baked Apples
Baked apples smell wonderful, taste great and give you all the goodness and nutrition of fresh fruit, too. (Plus, it's faster than fussing with your grandma's pie recipe.)
- 2 larger baking apples, such as golden delicious
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core the apples, or slice in half and de-core/de-seed that way.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and chopped nuts together in a small bowl.
- Toss in the raisins.
- Stuff the mixture into the apple sockets and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Try baking or grilling other fruits as well: Peaches, pears, and pineapple are all great candidates. The heat will caramelize the fruits' natural sugars and bring out a bolder, sweeter flavor.