Fall Recipes: Blender Pecan Pie
Pie in a blender sounds crazy, but what would be really crazy is not trying this too-easy fall recipe.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place eggs, cream, corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender container and blend for 10 seconds or until well mixed.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans in the pie crust.
- Pour blended mixture over pecans.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the filling is set and golden brown on top.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
- Do not rinse your measuring cup after you add the cream to the blender container. The cream leaves a nice coating in the cup, which helps the corn syrup glide out without sticking.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, but be sure to reheat before serving again. The pie can be frozen for up to three months.