Fall Recipes: No-Fuss Sweet Potato Pumpkin Mousse
This mousse is elegant, continental, sophisticated and incredibly easy. Kinda like you! (Well, except maybe for the easy part.)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained (¼ cup syrup reserved)
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or whipped dessert topping
- Purée sweet potatoes and reserved syrup in a food processor.
- Add pumpkin, honey and spices and process until blended and smooth.
- Scrape into a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped cream (don't overmix) and serve.
- Can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Recipe courtesy of Andrew Schloss and www.mealtime.org.