Father's Day Crafts: Dad's Snack Pack
Fill a container with all of Dad's favorite junk food.
- Reusable plastic container, empty coffee can or an empty oatmeal box with a lid
- Colored or patterned paper
- White glue or Mod Podge
- Wrappers:From candy bars, gum, chips, snack cakes, etc. Focus on Dad's favorites while you're gathering them (which might mean following him around the house to collect them!).
- Paintbrush:One you won't mind getting glue on.
- Paper plate
- Clear contact paper
- Dad's favorite snack foods
- Have your kid pick out a container to serve as the snack pack for this fun Father's Day craft.
- Next, help her gather all the wrappers and smooth them out. If necessary, use the scissors to cut them open, trim around the name of the snack and lay them flat.
- Pour a big puddle of glue into the middle of the paper plate.
- Help your kid slather glue all over the container with the paintbrush.
- Cover the surface with colored paper and trim it to fit. Don't forget the lid!
- Working on a small section at a time, have your kid paint some glue onto the container and then onto the back of one of the wrappers. Stick it onto the container.
- Have her continue to use the wrappers to cover the container of this Father's Day craft. She can either spread the wrappers out all over the container (if you don't have many) or she can slightly overlap them as she goes (if you have a lot), to completely cover the container
- When she's used up all of her wrappers and is happy with her finished product, let it dry.
- While it's drying, encourage her to make a label for dad's snack pack. She can cut out a small piece of construction paper and decorate it and then write a label on it, maybe something like, "For Daddy's Belly Only!"
- Have her glue the label onto the container.
- After everything is dry, help her use the clear contact paper to cover the whole container and the lid to keep it from peeling and so dad's snack pack will last a good long while.
- Finally, have her fill the clever Father's Day craft with Dad's fave junk food and put the lid on it.
- Stash the pack near dad's favorite chill-place (we're guessing the couch) and let him kick back and enjoy his favorite goodies.