Father's Day Recipes: Dad's Ultimate Ice Cream Sundae
Help your kids make dad a special Father's Day dessert. They can even make their own recipe for the perfect ice cream sundae. Line up all of dad's favorite ice cream flavors and toppings, and let the kids go to town.
Make the sundae-making an entire activity for the kids (and dad!). Have the kids design an ice cream menu from which dad will place his order. Help them make soda-jerk hats out of construction paper, and have them wear aprons, just like if they worked in an ice-cream parlor! Make it even more special by serving dad's portion in his Father's Day gift—a mug or bowl the kids decorate themselves at a paint-your-own pottery studio! It'll be a recipe for a sweet Father's Day from start to finish.
- Ice cream sundae artists: the kids
- Quality control inspector: you, just to make sure the canned whipped cream doesn't go all over the kitchen
- Ice cream
- Toppings: sauces like chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch; chocolate chips, candy, coconut, fresh fruit, nuts, whipped cream and of course, Maraschino cherries!
- Ice cream scoops, dishes, and spoons
- Pour topping selections into small bowls with spoons, and line them up on a table or countertop where kids can reach.
- Scoop ice cream into individual serving dishes (try warming up the carton in the microwave for 5-10 seconds if it is really hard).
- Have the kids spoon dad's topping selections over the ice cream, and help them squeeze on the whipped cream. Top it off with a cherry and they've created the best sundae ever for their favorite daddio.
This recipe makes a great meal for Father's Day or ANY day!