Looking for fun Father's Day Activities? Nothing says "Happy Father's Day" like a relaxing day off, away from horsey rides and half-eaten chicken nuggets. Leave the kids (and the chicken nuggets) with a baby sitter and take dad out on a mommy-daddy playdate. Relaxation required; horsey rides optional. Here are other ideas for Father's Day activities without the kids:
- Have a date night out at dad's favorite restaurant. Be sure to thank him for all that he does!
- Get your hubby a Father's Day present just from you— a new pair of silk jammies, adorable boxers, or fancy shaving cream perhaps?
- Rent romantic movies and snuggle up with a bowl of popcorn.
- Take a hike and enjoy some quality couple time.
- Have a picnic in the park. And don't forget the wine!
- Take a run or a bike ride together. Sweating together can be sexy!
- Make Father's Day extra-special by drawing up a schedule of fun activities for dad. You know what he likes! Maybe some gardening followed by a back rub?
- Attend a "Father's Day" concert.
- Go to a museum together (if he's into that sort of thing!)
- Go bowling (he's been dying to break out his bowling ball!)
The best way you can show your hubby how much you appreciate him is to follow his lead on Father's Day. In other words, if he feels like lounging in bed all morning, let him. And if he wants to spend time with the kids, that's great too. And of course, don't be shy about expressing your love!