Father's Day Traditions
If they can't remember any specific Father's Day traditions, why not invent a new one? Here are some ideas for Father's Day traditions:
- Buy a special book for your husband to read to the kids every year on Father's Day.
- Decorate a white T-shirt with the kids' handprints and footprints.
- Make a scrapbook of all of the fun things the kids have done with dad during the year.
- Have dad tell stories about his childhood. Kids love hearing about "the olden days!"
- Take Father's Day photographs every year, then put them in a scrapbook.
- Volunteer in the community. What better way to honor dad than to show him all of the good lessons he's taught you?
- Recount the kids' birth stories. They'll love hearing about the day when your hubby became their dad!
- Have a family reunion on Father's Day so you can celebrate all of the dads in the family.
- Videotape Father's Day brunch. When the kids grow up, you can edit it into a short film. Now won't that be the perfect Father's Day present to give to your hubby in 15 years?!