Father's Day: Tell Dad How Great He Is
Here are some father's day ideas for letting the special guy in your life know how great he is:
- Have the kids write down reasons why they love him and put all the notes in a jar. Don't forget to throw in a couple of your own, like "great kisser" and "king of Saturday morning waffles!"
- Father's Day breakfast-in-bed is a great way to show dad you appreciate him.
- Help the kids make a Father's Day t-shirt which they decorate with pictures of things he loves as well as "love notes" from the kids.
- Make a Father's Day album—Be sure to include lots of pictures of family fun times and vacations as well as some photos from Father's Days throughout the years.
- Make a Father's Day coupon book good for "one hug," "one kiss," "a foot rub," "a romantic evening" or "one guy's night out." Be creative!
- Father' Day gifts are great, but does your hubby really need a new tie or golf club? Why not do something special together as a family instead of buying a present. For the adventurous dad, buy a ride in a hot air balloon or a kayaking trip. For the couch potato dad, take the kids to see a 3-D movie.