4th of July Relay Race
Celebrate the Fourth with this wacky Uncle Sam dress-up relay race.
- Uncle Sams:The kids.
- Two Uncle Sam hats:Make them out of a paper plate with this cool NickJr template or pick one up at your local costume shop.
- Two cans of shaving cream
- Two sets of Uncle Sam clothing:You can either buy a couple of Uncle Sam costumes or improvise with Dad's suit coats, bowties, white shirts and striped pants if you have them.
- A bucket or bowl of water
- Head out to the yard and mark starting and finish lines.
- Put two cans of shaving cream at the finish line.
- Divide the kids into two equal teams.
- Line them up at the starting line.
- Place a pile of Uncle Sam's clothing and a bowl of water in front of each team.
- Ready, set ... Go! The first player on each team must put on the Uncle Sam outfit as fast as he can.
- When he's suited up, he must run to the finish line, put on a shaving-cream beard, then turn around and head back to his team.
- He must then strip off the Uncle Sam getup and wash the beard off in the bowl of water as fast as possible ...
- ... while the second racer puts on the outfit and repeats steps 6, 7 and 8.
- The first team to have everyone race through steps 6, 7 and 8 wins!