Fourth of July Activities: Fun Homemade Accessories for Girls
- Use glittery fabric paint to decorate an old pair of plain white sneakers.
- Wind pretty ribbon around a plastic headband and secure with hot glue. With your trusty glue gun, you can also affix other ribbons, fabric pompoms, tulle, or strands of beads.
- Using construction paper, make the outline of two stars and go over them with red, white, or blue glitter. Carefully cut them out (including the centers) and glue these outlines to the front of an old pair of sunglasses. Instant Patriot Shades!
- Take a plain white tee shirt and use fabric paint to decorate it for the Fourth of July. Cinch it at the side or cut the neck out for a custom look.
- Jazz up plain hair barrettes by gluing on ribbons or beads.
- The only limits are your imaginations! Between the array of sparkly ribbons, paints, and trinkets in the craft store and the extra shirts, hats, glasses, and shoes that are sure to be floating around your house, you can easily create completely one-of-a-kind Fourth of July outfits. Making these is so fun, you'll actually be glad if they outgrow them by next year!