Fun Fourth of July Activities to Do at the Parade
- The first and foremost Fourth of July activity will be putting on your most patriotic duds. Have kids keep their eyes peeled to see who can find the most outrageously-attired and flag-festooned American in attendance.
- If you have a family friend (or two) in the parade, the first kid to spot them gets a star. Bonus points if they're disguised by a costume or uniform!
- Play "I Spy" for stars. Have kids search for them on cars, face paintings, clothing, sunglasses, and jewelry. See who can spot a star in the most unusual place. Tattoos? Fingernails?
- When a marching band goes by, challenge kids to see how many instruments they can identify. Can they find a tuba, a clarinet, a cymbal, and a saxophone?
- There'll be sure to be lots of vehicles in attendance. See who can count up the most police cars, fire trucks, and vehicles along the route.
- You may see flags other than the American flag. Challenge them to identify flags from different states or countries.
- Play "Name That Song." See who can identify familiar tunes like, "Stars and Stripes Forever," "This Land is Your Land," or "Yankee Doodle."
- While you're trying these Fourth of July activities, don't forget to keep kids protected with sunscreen and hydrated with plenty of water...gotta stay rested for the fireworks later!