Fourth of July Cookie-Eating Contest
Twinkle, twinkle edible star, how I wonder how delish you are!
- Cookie Monsters:Your kids
- Your favorite cookie recipe or slice-and-bake brand
- Baking supplies:Bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, etc.
- A star-shaped cookie cutter
- Red, white and blue frosting and/or sprinkles
- A straw
- String or yarn
- A low tree branch
- Blindfolds:One per player.
- Help your kid bake a batch of star-shaped cookies.
- Have him poke a hole in the top of each cookie with a straw before baking them.
- Bake 'em!
- Invite your kid to decorate the cookies with red, white and blue frosting and sprinkles.
- Have him string a long piece of yarn through each hole and tie to secure.
- Then hang the cookies, one per player, from a low tree branch so that they are mouth-level for each player.
- Position each player beneath a cookie.
- Blindfold the kids and tell them to clasp their hands behind their backs. No peeking!
- When you say "Go!" the kids must eat their cookies, using their mouths only. (Psst ... while everyone is blindfolded, sneak a cookie or two for yourself. No witnesses!)
- The first kid to finish his cookie wins!
- Have the kids work off their sugar high by cleaning up the crumbs and washing the baking pans.
- Got a sweet tooth? Try our delicious, easy Oatmeal Molasses Cookies recipe.