Fourth of July Crafts: Make a Baton!
This Independence Day, get your craft on with some simple Fourth of July crafts—like this patriotic baton!
- A thin, empty wrapping paper roll
- Red, white and blue ribbon
- Patriotic decorations: stickers, colorful rhinestones, whatever!
- Red, white and blue construction paper
- White glue
- Trim an empty wrapping paper roll down to a baton length your kid can manage (without inadvertently whacking passersby in the head!).
- Slather some white glue on the tube and have your kid cover the cardboard with a collage of construction paper and patriotic decorations.
- Cut a bunch of red, white and blue ribbons in varying lengths.
- Have your kid tape the ribbons just inside of the ends of the cardboard roll. She can either bunch them up to make tufts of ribbons or she can overlap them slightly to make a continuous circle of ribbon around the ends of the tubes. The more ribbons, the more flair the finished baton will have!
- Head out to your local parade and invite Junior to give her snazzy Fourth of July craft a whirl!