Fourth of July Crafts: Patriotic Pinwheels
Dress up your holiday decor or just make a fun 'fourth' accessory with this easy 4th of July craft!
- Pinwheel template in small, medium or large
- A pencil or 5/16" dowel rod
- Cap pencil eraser
- A push pin
- Blue tempera paint and a paint brush
- Print out SkipToMyLou.org's pinwheel template on cardstock. Cut it out and fold the corners of the cardstock towards the center. Fasten the corners with a long push pin.
- Put the cap eraser on the end of a pencil or dowel then paint the finished product blue with your tempera paint.
- Attach your pinwheel to the pencil or dowel by pushing the push pin through the cap eraser. And ... voila!
- Let the kids go nuts parading around with their patriotic pinwheels or try jazzing up a flower planter or table centerpiece with your patriotic pinwheels. Heading out to a Fourth of July picnic or a parade? Bring 'em along and give 'em a whirl!