Fourth of July Crafts: Star Garland
This Independence Day, amp up your holiday decor with cute Fourth of July crafts—like this DIY star garland!
- Garland template (SkipToMyLou.org has templates for double star garland and three dimensional garland—both are super cute!)
- A needle and thread
- Hot glue (optional for the three dimensional garland)
- Print out SkipToMyLou.org's star garland template on cardstock.
- Cut and arrange the stars to your liking then use a sewing machine or good ol' fashion (wo)manpower to stitch them together. Be sure to leave a long enough tail to hang the garland!
- For the three dimensional star garland, make a slit from the top to the center of one star and from the bottom to the center on the second star. Slip the two stars together. (A drop of hot glue at the joints will keep them sturdy!) Then, use thread to attach the stars from top to bottom.
- Hang your new patriotic garland, grab some lemonade and sit back as the "oooh"s and "ahhhh"s pour in!