Congrats! Your "baby" is graduating! You want to show her how proud you are of her, but unfortch a zillion-dollar gift isn't in the cards. Here are 10 awesome graduation gifts that your wallet will love as much as your grad does!
- A Subscription to Her Fave Zine: Now that she's finished all of her required reading, let your kid read what she wants! Get her a subscription to her favorite rag. Just make sure she saves 'em for you when she's done (hey, you want to know what's hot and what's not too!). For discounted subscriptions for kids of all ages, check out MagazineLine.com.
- An Affordable (But Still Awesome) Backpack: Whether he's off to Kindergarten or the Ivy League, every kid needs a spiffy sack to tote all his stuff around in. We love the cute designs from Four Peas for younger grads and the rad packs from Burton for older kids!
- Music Download Gift Cards:
Want the perfect affordable graduation gift? Give the gift of music! You can get your kid a music download gift card, since, you know, that iTunes account your kid's been using? It's linked to your credit card. Or go old school and get him an actual CD he'll love, like Now That's What I Call Music, Vol. 33. The only thing missing from this top-40 'mix tape' is Ryan Seacrest's whining.
- Some Life Advice: There's no way your grad is going to actually take advice from you. So get him a graduation gift that'll put him on the right track, like the life playbook, 5: where will you be five years from today?. Or add some humor and get him a spitball dart pad to help him make life's most important decisions. He just lobs a spitball at one of 50 decision-making prompts on this hilarious dartboard and voila—he's got his answer!
- A Funny Book: Get your grad laughing about that D she got in bio with a book like F in Exams: The Very Best in Totally Wrong Test Answers. She'll realize she isn't the only one to think that a fibula is a little white lie.
- An Awesome Toaster: No kid of yours is going to start the day (or the all-nighter) without breakfast! A toaster is great affordable graduation gift for the kid who's leaving home (whoo hoo
um, we mean, sob!). Especially if it guarantees your kid gets a well-balanced meal like this Back to Basics Egg N' Muffin Toaster. This awesome graduation gift will let you rest assured that your "baby" is getting fed even when he's away from mama.
- A Gag Gift Towel: Spare your grad from the drip-dry and get her her very own towel. We love this Butt/Face one. You know, just so there's no confusion.
- Hilarious Luggage Tags: Forget old boring name and addy luggage tags, for a great affordable graduation gifts, pick up some funny luggage tags like these Colors ones. The super bright, hilarious tags say things like "it just looks like your black bag", "take my luggage do my laundry" and "you won't look good in my clothes".
- A WiFi Finder: We know your kid can't go a minute without being wired, so for a great inexpensive graduation gift, pick her up a WiFi locator. It'll help her find a wireless internet connect anytime, anywhere. Wouldn't want him to miss her BFFs minute-by-minute status updates, now would we?
- A Share of Stock: Invest in your kid's future with a stock certificate! You can buy it straight from a broker, or pretty it up with a decorative certificate to over 200 companies from One Share.com.