Graduation Memory Book Craft
Celebrate graduation by taking a stroll with your kid down memory lane.
- Your kid
- All your old photographs and videos of your kid
- A notepad or journal
- TV, DVD player/VCR
- Bust out all of the adorable pictures and videos of your kid.
- Hand your kid a special notepad or journal and a pen to record her thoughts. (You can do the writing for younger kids.)
- As your kid looks at the images of herself, ask her to write down what she thinks and feels. Have her comment on how much she's grown, what she loves about each age, her fondest memory, etc.
- When she's finished delving into the past, have your kid write down her goals and dreams for the coming year. They can be as simple as "chew less gum" or as ambitious as "make the varsity soccer team."
- Put the journal aside somewhere safe to pull out next year. It'll be a great graduation activity to do together next year. Your kid will be surprised at how much she's changed from year to year—and you'll be totally relieved at how much better her handwriting has gotten!
- Want to make your memories digital? Record your thoughts with your kid in a LifeBook that you can both update together.