Bag of Jelly Beans Homemade Halloween Costume Idea
This is one sweet getup!
- A bag of water balloons in assorted colors
- Two great sets of lungs:Yours and your kid's.
- A big, clear plastic bag:Like the kind they use to bag recyclables at the grocery store. Ask and they'll probably give you one for free.
- Two safety pins
- A thick marker
- A piece of posterboard cardstock:Big enough to make a sign for your kid's chest.
- White or yellow T-shirt, shorts, sweats, or leotard and tights:To wear under the costume.
- Help your kid blow up enough balloons to cover his entire torso, front and back. Hello head rush!
- Have him make a sign on the cardstock that reads "Gourmet Jelly Beans" or "Jelly Beans 5¢" (You don't want people thinking he's a sack of fish eggs all night.)
- Grab the scissors and cut leg holes in the bottom of the plastic bag.
- Have your kid get into his shorts and T-shirt or leotard and step into the bag.
- Fill the bag with the inflated balloons.
- Grab two handfuls of the bag under your kid's armpit, bring them up over his shoulder and tie in a knot. Repeat on the other side. You can secure the knots with a piece of ribbon to make sure they don't loosen.
- Carefully pin the Jelly Bean sign to his chest. (Don't pop a balloon!)
- Voilà! Your kid's a bag of cavities waiting to happen!
- Sitting down in this costume is not an option, so if you have to drive to your kid's Halloween celebration or trick-or-treat locale, bring the supplies with you and have him suit up there.
- This costume is not appropriate for kids under 3 as the balloons can pop and cause a choking hazard!
- Here's an idea for Halloween ... buying back your kid's candy. Would you do it? Take our poll!