Candy Corn Dash Halloween Game
Add a little freaky flair to the retro relay race
- Candy corn:Did you know this Halloween treat was all the rage when it was invented in the 1880s? Guess some things never go out of fashion.
- Sprinters:You, your kids, your kids' friends. Look out Jackie Joyner-Kersee!
- Spoon:Big soup spoons for younger kids, teaspoons for the older ones.
- Racing shoes:Flip-flops or cleats—anything goes!
- Bucket:Two per relay team. Get in the spirit and pick up plastic pumpkin-shaped ones, like the kind the kids use for trick-or-treating.
- At your kid's next Halloween party, invite all the guests outside for some old fashioned Field Day fun!
- Design the racecourse. Place a bucket filled with candy corn at the start and an empty bucket at the finish line for each team.
- Split the guests into relay teams. Your kids can be the captains and pick teams as long as no feelings are hurt.
- Hand the first sprinter from each team a spoon.
- Now challenge the runner to scoop up a spoonful of candy corn and race as fast as he can—without spilling the candy corn—to the other side!
- When he gets to the finish, he must dump the candy corn into the empty bucket.
- Then, he must dash back to the start line to hand the spoon over to the next sprinter...
- ...who then repeats steps five through seven.
- The first team to successfully move all of their candy corn to the other side wins!
- As their reward, let the winning team divvy up all of the candy corn and go to town. And here's a Halloween idea your dentist will appreciate—add a toothbrush to the party goodie bags!