Homemade Caterpillar Halloween Costume Idea
Metamorphosize your little larvae with this cute getup.
- 1 infant gown sleeper (I used pink, but green, blue or yellow would also work great)
- 6 pieces of 12-inch felt (in various colors)
- 5 styrofoam balls
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- 8 feet of 1/2 inch ribbon
- Infant hat (a matching color to the sleeper)
- 2 pipe cleaners
- 10 pom-pom balls
- Dab a bit of glue in the center of one square of felt. Carefully place a styrofoam ball in the glue. Using more glue, wrap the felt around the ball until the ball is covered. Trim any extra felt. There will be a gap in the coverage but that's OK. Repeat until all five balls are covered. Set balls aside.
- Trim the corners off of the remaining piece of felt so it looks like an oval. Carefully glue rick-rack around the edge.
- Place the sleeper back-side down on the counter. Glue the rick-rack trimmed oval to the front of the gown sleeper. Let cool.
- Place the sleeper front-side down on the counter.
- Cut the ribbon into four 2-foot sections. Glue a pom-pom ball onto each end. Lay the ribbons across the gown sleeper at even intervals. Glue down with a dot of glue in the center.
- Carefully glue the five felt-covered balls onto the back of the gown sleeper, letting the ribbons hang down on each side. Let cool.
- Glue a pom-pom ball onto the top of two pipe cleaners. Glue the pipe cleaners onto the infant hat and curl so that they look like antenae.
- Here's another creative idea for Halloween! Get creative with your colors! Make a blue-and-green themed caterpillar or a bright rainbow-colored caterpillar.