Slimy Lime Fruit Punch
The secret to the slime in this oozing punch is a little bit of meringue powder. But it's cool if you want to let the kids think it's something waaaaaay grosser.
- Powdered lemonade mix to make 2 quarts
- 1 peeled and sliced orange
- 1 sliced lime (approx. 1/8" slices)
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 tubes red decorating gel
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 2 liters seltzer
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- Squeeze red gel down the inside of 12 small, clear glasses. Let dry about 10 minutes.
- In an extra-large bowl, combine lemonade mix, sugar and meringue powder.
- Slowly pour in seltzer, whisking continually until combined.
- Stir in green and yellow food coloring. Add sliced fruit and berries for color.
- Pour punch into glasses and serve.
- These recipes are great, safe treats for kids with braces. For more info, check out the National Orthodontic Health Month page.