Spooktacular Pumpkin Cake
Skip pumpkin carving and go all-out decorating a delicious pumpkin cake. It might not look as convincing as a jack-o-lantern, but it tastes a whole lot better!
- 1 package yellow or white cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- ¼ cup water (add 2 tablespoons of water if eggs are small)
- Put cake mix in a large bowl. Make an indentation in the center and pour in the oil and one egg. Mix using mixer, then add the rest of the eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, spices and then water.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan in 350 degree oven for 60-70 minutes (depending on oven calibration). Cool before removing from pan.
- These recipes are great, safe treats for kids with braces. For more info, check out the National Orthodontic Health Month page.