Halloween Ideas: Starving Artist Costume
Making this messy costume is almost as fun as trick-or-treating. Almost...
- A plain white T-shirt that's about three sizes too big for your kid
- Fabric paint
- A paintbrush
- A beret
- Lay the newspaper on the floor and put the T-shirt on top of it.
- Have your kid splatter the T-shirt with fabric paint—the messier, the better. (We're betting this part won't be a problem.)
- While your kid is splattering away, cut out a cardboard "palette" and paint different colored dots on it.
- Let the T-shirt and the palette dry overnight.
- To complete this idea, on Halloween, dress your kid in her T-shirt creation, and hand her the "palette" and a paintbrush. Pop a beret on her head and suddenly, she's a mini-artiste. (Of course, the brooding attitude is all her own!)