Halloween Ideas: Wake the Zombie Halloween Party Game
The whole point of this game is to lie quiet and still. (For real!)
- It:One of the kids
- Zombies:The rest of the kids (Even though you usually feel like a total zombie yourself!)
- Graveyard:Your living or rec room floor
- A small, affordable prize:Like stickers or candy
- Tell the kids to lie down on the floor and pretend to be sleeping zombies. They must not move a muscle or they're "out." That includes their jaw muscles, so no talking or giggling!
- "It" must work the room, trying to get the zombies to giggle or move without touching them. He can tell jokes, make fart noises, dance around like a dork—anything but touch them.
- When someone cracks, by giggling or moving, that person joins "It" in trying to get the other kids to crack up. Every time someone breaks, by laughing or moving, they join the expanding "It."
- The last zombie to resist "It" wins.
- Give the triumphant zombie a little prize!
- You don't have to wait for Halloween to play this game. Challenge the kids to a round of Wake the Zombie the next time your family is on a long plane ride or road trip. Trick the kids into 10 whine-free minutes by being a very dry, boring "It." If you don't try very hard to rouse the sleeping zombies, they'll have no choice but to keep quiet! The kids might catch on sooner or later, but it might work the first time.
- Want some more ideas to keep the kid busy (at Halloween or any time!)? Nick Jr. has Outdoor Games that might just tire them out enough for a nap!