Fun Foods for Kids: Billy Goat
These billy goat-shaped boiled eggs are so irresistible, you're gonna want to make a farm yard full of 'em for lunch!
What You'll Need:
To Make Billy Goat:
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 baby carrots
- String cheese
- 2 black sprinkles or 1 black olive
- Dried thin spaghetti (for "toothpicks")
- Cut the top off of the boiled egg to make the head. Set aside.
- Cut the tip off of 1 baby carrot for the nose. Set aside.
- Cut the remainder of the baby carrot in half.
- Cut a small triangle in the end of each carrot half.
- Place the carrot halves in middle of plate, flat side down, for the feet.
- Set the boiled egg, flat side down, on top of the carrot feet.
- Cut 1 baby carrot in half diagonally for the horns. Set aside.
- Slice a circle of string cheese and cut in half for the ears. Set aside.
- Slice a thin circle of string cheese and then shape for the goatee. Set aside.
- Break off pieces of dried spaghetti and use in place of toothpicks. (Don't worry, it softens.)
- Using the spaghetti, stick the ears, horns, head and carrot nose into the egg.
- Add the sprinkle or olive piece eyes.
(Need to see more detail? Check out the full-sized image