Fun Foods for Kids: Birdseed Snacks
We bet your little birdies will peck at this healthy treat all day!
- ¼ cup peanut butter or sunflower butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup assorted unshelled seeds (sunflower, flax, sesame and/or pumpkin)
- Celery or carrot sticks and crackers
- Fill a zip-top bag with the nut butter, seal and squish down to one corner. Snip a very small tip off one corner of the bag. Squeeze dots of nut butter onto the plate in a fun shape (hearts, stars, whatever!)
- Have your child use the peanut butter baggie to connect the dots. Fill in the shape with peanut butter.
- Next, have your kid sprinkle the seeds over all the peanut butter shapes.
- Shake off the excess seeds and use the celery, carrot and crackers to scoop up the seeded masterpiece. Your little birdy can peck at this all night long!
- To absorb the most nutrition from your raw or toasted flax and sesame seeds, grind them just a little just before getting started with this project.