Fun Foods for Kids: Monster Sandwich
- First slice a round sandwich roll all the way in half (you can also use a hamburger bun). Spread the bottom half with your kid's favorite sandwich condiment and add a piece of leafy lettuce.
- Next, fold a single piece of salami (or your kid's lunchmeat of choice) into a rectangular shape by folding the rounded edges in, letter-style. Lay the lunchmeat over the lettuce, with the bulk of it hanging off the edge of the roll, like a tongue.
- Cut a cheese stick into several small pieces and situate them on top of the lettuce, at the edge of the bun, like teeth.
- Top with the other half of the roll.
- Using toothpicks, secure two halved olives to the top of the roll, as eyes and a long thin slices of green pepper as a scary nose.
- Finally, poke two carrot sticks into the top of the bun to make your monster's antennae.
Note: Don't be afraid to get creative! Monsters come in all shapes and sizes!