Fun Foods for Kids: Playful Seal
An adorable seal like this will make afternoon snack a barking good time! (Get it? Barking? Like a seal? We'll be here all week!)
What You'll Need:
To Make Playful Seal:
- Any sandwich
- Peeled Clementine
- Pretzel stick
- Black sprinkles or a chocolate chip
- A dab of peanut butter.
- Put two slices of bread together and cut out the shape of a seal, as shown.
- Make any kind of sandwich you would like using the seal shapes.
- Stand the seal on crust end. (The crust gives it a sturdy base.)
- Use pieces of leftover crust for the flippers and tail.
- Stick a pretzel into the center of the Clementine.
- Place the Clementine on top of the nose of the seal, pressing the pretzel stick into the sandwich for sturdiness. (It may be a balancing act, but, hey, it's a seal—they're good at that!) If you're really having trouble, try a little peanut butter to hold the pretzel stick in place.
- Using peanut butter as glue, glue a black sprinkle or chocolate chip in place for the eye.
(Need to see more detail? Check out the full-sized image