Kid Healthy Snack: White Bean Dip
No matter how tempted you are by this yummy concoction, no double dipping allowed!
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 1 15-to-19-ounce can cannellini beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and wine or water; set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender container and process or blend until almost smooth.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture.
- Process or blend again until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Place in a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 3 hours.
- Serve it with pita chips, crisp breads, crackers, or baby carrots.