Kid Healthy Snack: Banana Hot Dog
Hot dogs are a great go-to meal in a pinch. But we're thinking the fourth night in a week no longer qualifies as "a pinch." This week, change things up with a banana in a bun! It's like a hot dog, only healthier. (And you're like an amazing parent, only awesome-er!)
- 1 banana
- 1 whole-wheat hot dog bun
- 2 small ziplock baggies
- Peanut butter
- Place the peeled banana in the bun.
- Fill two zip-top baggies, one with jelly and one with peanut butter.
- Cut a tiny hold in the bottom corner of each bag and carefully squeeze out the peanut butter and jelly onto the banana as you would mustard and ketchup.
- Add crushed pistachios for a crunchy relish look-alike.