Kid Healthy Snack: Circle Snacks
Let the kids turn your apple corer into a fancy snack-making tool. Don't you love a good multi-tasker?
- 1 medium-size cucumber (about 8 inches long)
- About sixteen Â½-inch thick slices of your favorite cheese
- About sixteen saltine crackers
- Peel the cucumber and slice it into Â½-inch-thick rounds.
- Using the corer, remove the middle of each slice.
- Place the slices of cheese on a cutting board.
- Using the corer, cut out rounds of cheese and fit them into the holes in the cucumber slices.
- Place each filled cucumber slice on a cracker.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.
corer is a refreshingly simple gadget that offers kids many ways to explore cylinders and circles. It is designed to remove the cores of fruit such as apples and pears in one tubular shape. But it works on lots of other fruits and veggies, too!
- Gadgetology offers great ideas for tapping in to kidsâ innate curiosity with additional ideas for play and cool experiments.