Kid Healthy Snack: Pop-ems granola bites
Like the name suggests, your kids can pop these crunchy (and yes, healthy!) bite-sized snacks in their mouths. These treats whip up super fast, and get eaten even faster. In fact, you might want to make a double batch, just to make sure!
- ½ cup hazelnut spread or peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts or sunflower seeds or chopped almonds.
- ¼ cup raisins or cranberries, or dried cherries or blueberries
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add hazelnut or peanut butter and honey. Warm in microwave 20 seconds and stir to see if thinned out. Add cinnamon and stir. Add oats, cereal and your other favorite mix-ins.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.