Kid Healthy Snack: Mama's Edamame
Add some Far Eastern flair to baby's next meal!
- 3 ounces ground turkey or chicken cooked (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup packed spinach
- ½ chopped broccoli
- ½ shelled edamame (cooked soybeans) or thawed frozen peas
- ¼ water or chicken stock
- Add spinach leaves, broccoli, edamame, and water or chicken stock to a small soup pot. (If using peas, don't add to the pot now. Overcooked peas are not flavorful.)
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until poultry is cooked through. (Check to make sure there is no pink inside.)
- Add all ingredients to blender with the water from the pot. (If you're using peas, add them now.)
- Add an extra ¼ cup water or chicken stock to the blender and blend for 30 seconds or until you get the texture right for your child.